Articles & Websites
Articles on character strengths in schools
- Independent Article ‘Better people make better students': Best-selling book reveals building character is best way to nurture educational success
- BBC Article Schools should build ‘character’, say parents
- A comprehensive approach to character building in Catholic schools
- Guardian Article Is Character Caught or Taught?
- 10 tips for promoting strength, resilience, and perseverance among your students.
- 100 ways to promote character education in schools.
- Positive psychology and character strengths: application to strengths-based school counseling.
Articles on virtues
- Take the FREE VIA character strengths survey (youth and adult versions available)
- VIA tools “guiding you on your strengths exploration”
- 340 ways to develop your character strengths
- Character Strengths at the Movies
- KIPP Schools Approach to Character
- The Jubilee Centre for Character Educationhttp://www.jubileecentre.ac.uk/
- A blog dedicated to “Teaching the Virtues”
General books on Virtue
The scholarly classic on virtue is Alasdair MacIntyre’s“After Virtue: A Study in Moral Theory”
General books on Character/Positive Psychology
The more scholarly text is Seligman & Peterson“Character Strengths and Virtues: A Handbook and Classification”
Books related to specific Virtues/Character Strengths