Design Technology combines creativity with practicality. It requires innovation to solve practice problems.
Figures Rotation 1
Chocolate Bar Wrapper
- Learning how to research existing graphic examples and analyse them
- Learning how to present graphics successfully
- Learning how to create a logo
- Exploring rendering techniques
- Learning Photoshop basic and layout design in Publisher
Figures Rotation 2
- Learning about wood and its properties
- Learning about types of wood joints (Finger Joint).
- Learning about plastics and working with plastic.
- Health & Safety in the workshop using hand tools and machines.
- Adhesives (PVA) and panel pins.
- Learning new techniques in the workshop involving a range of hand tools, including chisel and mallet.
Rudiments Rotation 1
- Health and Safety in the workshop.
- Develop designing skills.
- Develop hand skills using a range of hand tools and machines.
- Learning about moulding, using a vacuum former.
- Gain an understanding of the properties and working characteristics of plastics.
- Understand how components work together.
- Understanding the characteristics of the various materials used.
Rudiments Rotation 2
Video Game Packaging
- Exploring existing graphic examples and analysing them.
- Learning about illustration and creating imagery related to a theme.
- Exploring more advanced Photoshop techniques including masking and marquee tools, adjusting layer styles and setting type.
Lower Grammar Rotation 1
- Learning about sustainability and recycling
- Learning about mass production techniques
- Learning about wood finishes.
Lower Grammar Rotation 2
Toy Aeroplane Packaging
- Learning about finishes and presentation.
- Extending knowledge of types of wood joints.
- Extending knowledge of techniques in the workshop involving a range of hand tools, including chisel and mallet
- Exploring existing packaging designs and analysing them.